Osteoporosis is a condition where the there is loss of bone, the bones become porous, spongy and weak. Such bones are susceptible to fractures, injuries. There may be regular body pain and loss of height and weight. This is a progressive disease. It may make posture stooped and limit movement.
Osteoporosis progresses silently and very difficult to detect till some major symptoms or physical condition is visible.
Balanced diet, regular exercises, healthy lifestyle can help us in decreasing chances of getting Osteoporosis. Regular medical checks and also keeping an eye on the common symptoms can help us a lot.
Some Common Symptoms of Progressing Osteoporosis
- Regular pain in the joints, muscle pain or both
- Sudden loss of height
- Receding gums, decaying teeth
- Decrease in grip strength and reduced ability to grip
- Brittle finger nails. Nails break easily
- Problem with movement and balance
- Bones fractured with little injury. Easily getting injured
Eat healthy, regularly workout, lead and healthy lifestyle and reduce chances of the disease. Early diagnosis of progressing osteoporosis can help a lot in leading a normal day to day life and avoiding the negative impact of the disease to a great extent.