Permanent Pacemaker : Know Your Package Price and Other Details
- 3 Days Hospital Stay
- Medicines, Consumables, Disposables & Investigations Related to the Procedure / Package
- Doctor Team Fees
- Operation Theatre Charges
Does not include:
- Cost of pacemaker(The cost of Pacemaker to be charged at actuals as applicable)
- Bed Charges Beyond 3 Days
- Treatment of illness / health Condition Not Directly Related to the procedure / package
Accommodation for “Out Station” Patient Party
For families/patient parties of patients coming from far away districts, other states & outside India, we can help find accommodation at Guest Houses / Hotels near the hospital.
What is a Pacemaker?
It is a small unit that helps your heart beat more regularly. It does this with a small electric stimulation that helps control your heartbeat. Your doctor implants the machine under the skin on your chest, just under your collarbone. It is hooked up to your heart with tiny wires.
You may need one to keep your heart beating properly. This helps your body to get the blood, oxygen and food that it needs. Some people just need a pacemaker for a short time (like after a heart attack) and may use a kind that’s outside the skin. The battery unit for this type can be worn on a belt.
DESUN Hospital has facility for "Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass" or Heart Bypass done through Small Cut (Small Incision).
Can I use a mobile phone if I have a pacemaker?
You can use a cell phone, if you take these steps:
- Hold the phone to the ear on the side of your body opposite from your pacemaker.
- When your phone is on, try to keep it at least six inches away from your pacemaker. For example,Don’t carry your phone in your chest pocket over your pacemaker.
Why patients like DESUN
Rated as one of India’s best hospitals
- DESUN is the youngest hospital in India to get the prestigious National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH) accreditation from Government of India for excellence in quality of medical treatment and hospital services. The world over, NABH is considered equivalent to the JCAHO (Joint Commission for American Healthcare Organizations) or JCI (Joint Commission International) standards followed in USA for hospital accreditation. Of the 1,000-plus hospitals in India who applied to the NABH, over the 6 years since it was founded, less than 100 have been able to achieve the high quality standard required to get NABH accreditation
- In the lead story of the November 2011 issue of national news magazine THE WEEK, India’s best hospitals were covered, based on an All India Survey. DESUN Hospital was included in this prestigious list.
- The DESUN Pathology Lab has also received the prestigious National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL) accreditation, for excellence in quality of routine and Superspeciality pathology testing. In Eastern India, only DESUN Pathology Lab has in-house facilities to perform Superspeciality pathology tests like PCR, Flow Cytometry, etc. This has huge benefits for DESUN’s patients tremendously because there is practically no waiting time to get test results when compared to other hospitals in Kolkata, who have to send these tests to Mumbai or Delhi and wait for 3 or 4 days for get results. Thus, there is no delay in diagnosis and DESUN’s patients get prompt and accurate treatment.
Ranked Topmost by both West Bengal and Central Governments
- There are only 7 hospitals in West Bengal considered by the state government as “Class 1 Hospital Service Providers” under the West Bengal Health Scheme (WBHS). DESUN is the first name in this list.
- There are more than 100 hospitals in Eastern India empaneled by the Central government under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS). Of these, only 2 hospitals have been able to meet the high standards and have, therefore, been given the status of “Superspeciality Hospital” by CGHS. DESUN is one of the two.
Safest Hospital For Any Operation
- 2 of the major fears any surgeon has before any operation is that of OT infection and cardiac or heart complications during or after the operation. If OT infections occur or the patient develops cardiac problems, even the best surgeon will be unable to help. DESUN is the only hospital in Kolkata that has STEEL OPERATION THEATERS (Steel OTs) that drastically reduces chances of OT infection. After surgery, the patient is under the best care of doctors and nurses in the post-operative phase at DESUN. DESUN also has the largest Heart Institute in Kolkata to handle any cardiac emergencies during or after surgery.
Specialist Doctors’ Round The Clock
- With 28 medical departments, each having in-house specialist doctors, any problem during your stay at DESUN can be handled round the clock. You may be admitted for one particular surgery but if any other health problem comes up for which your specialist doctor needs advice, in-house doctors of other departments are available immediately.
Desun Hospital Advantage – Know Why Desun Hospital, Kolkata, is Your Best Choice
Desun Hospital, Kolkata, is premium Superspeciality hospital in Eastern India with state-of-the-art health care infrastructure. It is NABH and NABL accredited and follows strict quality parameters.
Desun Hospital is among the few hospitals in India that offer more than 700 comprehensive surgery packages. The packages include all the important components that are a part of any surgery process – from providing information to the patient or her/his family to post-operative care that may continue even after discharge from hospital. The surgery packages at the hospital have been developed by an experienced medical team to make it comprehensive and all-inclusive.
The surgery packages at Desun Hospital Kolkata are affordable for everyone. High quality health care services and affordable costs is a boon for patients visiting the hospital from all over India as well as for those who come Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, South East Asia and the Middle East.
The excellent patient service team and 24 hours emergency response also brings in Kolkata residents and people from parts of West Bengal and North Bengal whose relatives, sons or daughters stay outside India. NRI’s and NROB’s can enrol their parents and elderly relatives under the Desun Parent Card scheme that enables them to take care of the hospitalization and health care needs of their senior citizen elders back home in India even in their absence. Under the scheme, all payments and procedures of admission, discharge, etc., can be taken care of online or over the phone.
Desun Hospital boasts top-notch and advanced health care infrastructure and facilities for the latest surgeries and all the necessary modern equipment, OTs (steel OTs) needed to deliver excellence in terms of latest surgery techniques. Laparoscopic surgeries (lap), key hole, minimally invasive and invasive surgeries all are conducted in the hospital.
Highly-experienced doctors, well-trained staff, and an efficient patient-care team, alongside the best surgery facilities, make the Desun experience among the best in the country. This is evident from the number of people and families who recommend this hospital in Kolkata, and in India, as a dependable place for undergoing the latest surgeries at an affordable cost. There are many success stories at Desun Hospital that have been published and discussed as part of hospital impact stories in leading local and national newspapers and television.