Desun Today : January 2018 - ENLARGED PROSTATE
What is Prostate gland ?
Prostate is located underneath the bladder & in front of the rectum. It is a tube like structure that carries urine from the bladder out through the penis. It surrounds the urethra.
What is Enlarged Prostate ?
Enlarged Prostate is a non-cancerous enlargement which causes urinary complaints.
What is the probability of Enlarged Prostate ?
Enlarged Prostate affects 50% of men between the age 51-60 & upto 90% of men over the age 80.
What are the symptoms of Enlarged Prostate ?
The symptoms are –
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty in starting urine
- Strength of Urine stream may decrease
- Dribbling after urination ends.
- Blood in urine.
- Discomfort or pain in lower abdomen.
- Fever & chill.
How does it affects daily routine ?
- Frequent urination at night is troublesome which makes a man tired in the day time.
- Frequent urination in day time cause difficulty in workplace or travelling long distance.
- Even dribbling after urination cause uneasiness.
Some common prostate problems
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) can be solved with Medication, Surgery or other treatments.
- Acute Bacterial Prostatitis caused due to bacterial infection.
- Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis may occur multiple times. Rare in nature.
- Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS) causes pain in lower back, groin area or the tip of the penis.
Lifestyle changes for BPH Patients
- Drink less alcohol and coffee.
- Take lot of fruits & fibres.
- Drink adequate water.
What are the primary tests done in Desun?
At Desun, the urologist will thoroughly examine the patient’s condition and determine the appropriate procedure along with required medical tests like Digital Rectum Examination, Abdominal Ultrasound, MRI or CT Scan, Cystoscopy and Urinalysis. These tests are done all under one roof.
After the required test is done then the urologist will determine the medical procedure to follow.
What are the advantages at Desun?
The advanced tests done under one roof minimises the time to ascertain the problem in prostate. As it is a NABH accredited hospital these tests take 2-3 hours in comparison to 4-5 days. It helps to diagnose accurately in time so that the patient suffer the least.
The highly advance state-of-the-art infrastructure having 28 Medical Departments under one roof can handle critical cases at ease.The 94 bed ICU with one dedicated ventilator for each bed helps the most along with advance Steel OTs,where all the walls are made of medical grade stainless steel to prevent post operative infection.
Availability of specialist doctors round the clock to handle each and every complex and acute emergency case.
The Radiology and Cardiology with other diagnostic and Pharmacy are functional 24 hours.